Thursday, April 11, 2013

Parsley Pesto Fish with Roasted Vegetables and Parmesan Couscous


Pesto Fish

Fish:
4 to 6 fish fillets of your choice (I used tilapia).

Pesto:
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 T Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
course salt and pepper to taste. 

Put all of this ingredients into a small food processor or blender and mix until a pesto is formed.

Place thawed fish fillets in a casserole dish. Mine overlap here and that is fine. If you want the fish to be separate  use a larger pan. Pour the pesto on top. 
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is firm when pressed. 





Usually, if I am making this side dish to go with my fish, I begin thawing my fish in some water and start on this recipe first.  I adapted this recipe from a Greek cookbook. I really love it because I can use whatever vegetables and herbs I have on hand. This would be excellent with eggplant, leeks, onion, yams, rosemary, and  marjoram. 



Roasted Vegetables

1 red potato, scrubbed and sliced thin 
1 large carrot, julienned
1/2 a red pepper, sliced
1/2 a zucchini, julienned
3 to 4 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thin
10 grape tomatoes, halved
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano 
1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
1-2 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
course salt and pepper to taste
Aluminum foil or a casserole dish with a lid.  

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Put in your pan. I used a pie pan here but any casserole dish will work. cover the pan with foil or lid and cook in oven for 30 minutes. then, remove lid or foil and roast for ten more minutes. After 25 minutes of cooking, I add the fish to the oven. 



While the vegetables and fish are cooking, I make the couscous. Sorry to admit it here but I use a box. It takes less time to prepare. If you prefer making it yourself, I would saute a little garlic in some olive oil, then add about 1 1/4 cups water, some salt and pepper. once the water is boiling, take the pan off the stove then add 1 cup of couscous. let stand with lid on for five minutes and fluff with fork. Mix in your Parmesan cheese. 

Here is the finished product! I always add a salad but you definitely don't need one. I have a 6, 4 and 1 year old and they all eat this. It is amazing! Good luck and let me know how it turns out! 





1 comment:

Unknown said...

that looks super delicious!!!